We talk to Dr. Byran Korth about the importance of play in your baby’s development. Then, we talk to Judy Heumann of Infant Aquatics about early swimming lessons for baby survival safety.
Chrissy Cianflone of SafeKids.org discusses things that you can do to keep baby safe at home. Then, we will discuss great products and some safety tips of our own. Continue reading “Safety at Home, Great Products and Tips”
We talk with Irene Zoppi, RN, MSN, IBCLC, Medela’s clinical breastfeeding education specialist who discusses issues with breastfeeding when you go back to work and ways to succeed and continue to give you baby the best food possible! Continue reading “Breastfeeding And Going Back to Work”
Top 10 list of Ways to bring music into your family courtesy of Julee Kowallis and A Joyful Noise.
- Listen to a variety of quality recorded music at home and while running errands in the car.
- Sing familiar songs or make up your own songs while you play or when working around the house.
- Take time to listen to all the interesting sounds in your environment – imitate nature sounds while out for a walk.
- Explore sounds with homemade instruments like pots and pans, spoons, and shakers.
- Create family music making opportunities in which everyone plays along. Include all your talents, from playing the spoons to folk instruments to gathering around the piano to singing a cappella.
- Dance to music from the radio, television, or any other source you enjoy.
- Follow the admonition of the Hymn Book and sing hymns at scripture time, at family prayer and at Family Home Evening.
- If you know someone who plays an instrument, plan a visit so your child can see, touch and hear that special instrument.
- Make music part of your child’s bedtime routine or any routine (bathing, cooking, cleaning) – lullabies are particularly soothing and calming.
- Join a structured musical learning class with your child.
Learn from music educator Julee Kowallis about how music helps develop babies’ brains and even can help them sign more signs. Listen to Julee and her tips for how adding music to your life can enrich you and your babies learning experiences. Continue reading “How Music Develops Baby Brains and Helps with Signing”