Did you know there is more to having the baby than HAVING the baby? What you do right after birth can affect your heath for the rest of your life. Marianne Ryan, Physical Therapist and Clinical Director of the MRPT Physical Therapy clinic in Manhattan discusses what women need to do after having a baby to avoid chronic back pain or pelvic dysfunctions that can appear later in life.
Shelly responds to a listener email asking why in an earlier podcast, she told moms not to follow the Baby Wise method. Hear her response and what the research shows is the best way to help your child feel secure.
Lunch boxes don’t keep your child’s lunch cold enough and you don’t have time in the morning. SOLUTION: Making Lunch on the Weekend and Freezing Them! Nancy explains how she makes fun lunches for the entire week including snacks and fun stuff in an hour or so on the weekend.
Nancy’s Tips to Make a Week of Lunches Ahead of Time and So They Stay Cold:
- make all sandwiches at once and freeze them in freezer paper (if mayo—put in the middle between layers of meat). You can even cut shapes out and freeze them.
- bake and freeze cookies or muffins, then take some out everyday
- freeze yogurts or applesauce(even pudding freezes fine)
- freeze water bottles
- freeze cheese sticks so they stay cold
- cut up fruits and veggies and put in containers in the fridge
- make bags of dry goods that can be added quickly to lunches
Other things to check out:
- Nancy’s Perfect Protein Oatmeal Cookies
- Good Housekeeping Review of Lunch Boxes where every lunchbox failed.
- Roll the bread thin and flat with a rolling pin.
- Spread the peanut butter on the bread.
- Add a slice of banana and a small amount of jam.
- Roll the bread tight (try to keep the jam in the first time you roll so it doesn’t spread further.
- Place the sushi rolls in the freezer uncut.
- Cut them when you make lunch.
Since you have extra time, some days you can make some fun lunches
Nancy has been struggling after her hysterectomy with her hormones. So we are bringing back a show from Babies and Moms Birth and Beyond for those moms who might be struggling with weight and not know it could be hormonal (despite what your GP will tell you).
Dr. Vaughn Johnson shares how our hormones can affect us and how even young women can have hormone issues (this is not JUST a menopause issue). Millions of women are misdiagnosed and live with symptoms of miscarriages, depression, tiredness, irritability, weight gain, hair loss, and more just because they have a simple-to-fix issue. Nancy has a lot of experience with this topic!